5 Reasons to take a Norwegian Family Cruise: “The Fun, the Fancy, and the Delicious”

5 Reasons to take a Norwegian Family Cruise: "The Fun, the Fancy, and the Delicious"

While nothing beats jumping on a plane, landing in a city, and scouring the streets for a week at a time, with nothing to do but gorge yourself on the local fare and sights, taking a cruise can be a great way to visit multiple gems without having to worry about travel plans between destinations. All you have to do is hop back on board your floating hotel and, when you wake up the next morning, you’ll be somewhere new. Like magic.

Cruises are a great way for families to vacation, as they provide a particular inclusiveness that’s hard to beat. You have your room; you have your dining options (varying to suit different people’s styles and wants); and there are also endless possibilities for entertainment and/or relaxation (though, doesn’t one need a healthy mix of the two?). Also, they can be quite cost effective for medium-sized families; seeking out deals and options is half the fun!

If you’re looking to get away for a week, twelve days, or even fourteen days (or more!), consider hopping aboard a cruise ship. I’ve cruised on several different lines and, while each of them possess their own quirks and charms, Norwegian Cruise Line offers a great balance between the three elements I look for while on any vacation: entertainment (the fun times), ambiance (the fancy times), and dining (the delicious times).

Why should you take a Norwegian cruise? Here are my top 5 reasons:

1. The Fun Times. My family took a Mediterranean cruise on a new ship (at the time) called Gem of the Seas. Cruises are great for families because they offer avenues of fun for humans of all ages. If you have little humans, there are great kids’ clubs. If you have cranky teenage humans—who want to have as little to do with the parental units as possible—there are great activities for them as well. But the fun isn’t limited to the young ones. Many of the adults, ahem, tend to act like children, as there are many fun bars, dance venues, pool parties, and hilarious adult-only game shows that might require the parental units to leave their brood on the pool deck.
  2. The Fancy Times. Each ship has elements of grandeur that will make you and your family feel as if you’re cruising the high seas in style. Also, while the glitziest ships are the newest and sparkliest ones about to make their maiden voyages, Norwegian does a great job maintaining the older ships within their fleet.
  3. The Delicious Times. Any time you cruise, well, you can be absolutely certain you’re going to stuff your face. Count on putting on pounds (unless you’re one of those people who works out while you’re on vacay, in which case the ships have workout facilities and adventure excursions). They have an abundance of options, including buffet style, nightly dinner service in the fine dining service (be sure to bring your suit and tie!), and small 24/7 cafes located around the ship.
  4. Safety. For a family, safety is often a number one priority and concern. If kids enjoy meeting friends and exploring solo, parents can feel confident in letting them wander off safely. Because . . . . Where are they going to go? They’re surrounded by miles upon miles of H20!
  5. Convenience. All of these points equal one thing: convenience and ease of travel!

Have you been on cruises with your families? If so, tell us about your voyage in the comments section below.

To find out more about Norwegian’s Family Cruises, head over to their website [CLICK HERE] and check out the video below!

WordPress Author Box

Nick Sanford is a blogger and writer who loves traveling and absorbing the latest news within the realms of pop culture & entertainment. While traveling (and getting lost) in China, he ate way too many noodles; he also tried to learning Tai Chi, which didn't go so well.

Like us on Facebook
on Facebook

Follow @SanfordNick on Twitter
Add me on Google+
on Google+

37 Comments on this article. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. lalalapatricia September 26, 2013 at 1:46 am - Reply

Ahh this is my dream for my family. I hope I could treat my family soon!

2. Pamela September 26, 2013 at 4:47 am - Reply

This sounds like a fun alternative to a normal getaway!

3. Viccy H September 26, 2013 at 8:42 am - Reply

Hubby and I have always wanted to go on a Norweigan cruise, but money, kids and life have gotten in the way so far!
    It’s on my “bucket list” :-D

4. Noor Unnahar September 26, 2013 at 9:44 am - Reply

Oh I love cruises . Now I just wanna leave for it.

5. Nancy September 26, 2013 at 9:45 am - Reply

I’d love to, but just like Viccy it’s kind of difficult at the moment. Great tips!

6. Aisha Kristine Chong September 26, 2013 at 9:52 am - Reply

Kyaaa. I always wanted to get on a cruise. I wonder when it will happen though, lol!

7. Dov Shapira September 26, 2013 at 10:08 am - Reply

Oh man how I would love to be there now

8. Jutta@HungryLittleGirl September 26, 2013 at 10:16 am - Reply

I always wanted to go on a cruise. Maybe one day I can convince my husband that it’s a fun thing to do :)

9. Healy Harpster September 26, 2013 at 10:23 am - Reply

Thanks for sharing this. We never been to any cruises before. We should plan for next year.

10. Tess September 26, 2013 at 11:22 am - Reply

My aunt used to love going on cruises. They do look fun!

11. Dawn ~ Spatulas On Parade September 26, 2013 at 12:13 pm - Reply

We have friends who go every year , on a cruise. I want to by dh doesn’t. Maybe I’ll take my mom.

12. Bobbi Burleson September 26, 2013 at 12:54 pm - Reply

I have always wanted to go on a cruise. Hopefully someday I will!!

13. Karen September 26, 2013 at 1:14 pm - Reply

I would love to go on a cruise. It looks like so much fun

14. amanda September 26, 2013 at 1:18 pm - Reply

some day, some day :) I fear the big sea due to too many 60 minutes and 20/20 investigates disappearances but i really, REALLY want to go on one!

15. Sarah September 26, 2013 at 1:37 pm - Reply

This sounds amazing I really quite fancy taking off on a cruse I have to admit x

16. Amber Edwards September 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm - Reply

Some day I hope to be able to take the family on a cruise! The Norwegian family cruise sounds absolutely amazing.

17. Kristen @ kristenione September 26, 2013 at 2:56 pm - Reply

I’m dying to go on a cruise! They look so fun. Thanks for the great info!

18. kay adeola September 26, 2013 at 3:10 pm - Reply

i would really love to go on a cruise

19. Tiffany September 26, 2013 at 3:22 pm - Reply

I would love to go on such a great vacation.

20. Jocelyn September 26, 2013 at 6:25 pm - Reply

I want to go on a cruise right now!

21. BusyBee September 26, 2013 at 6:31 pm - Reply

my partner is trying to get me to go on a cruise. This sounds great and relaxing

22. Rosey September 26, 2013 at 6:48 pm - Reply

You had me at Norwegian. :)

23. Growing Up Madison September 26, 2013 at 7:12 pm - Reply

We’re planning a cruise in the not too distant future but we’re planning Disney. Good to know that Norwegian is great for the family as well. I might just have to compare them both and see which we prefer. Thanks for sharing.

24. Corinne September 26, 2013 at 7:45 pm - Reply

We took our first family cruise last year and it was a blast. We were on a different cruise line but my in-laws cruise frequently and always with Norwegian because they have great ships and awesome customer service.

25. jody September 26, 2013 at 9:37 pm - Reply

This sounds so good, so desirable, I just need to take a Norwegian Cruise Line voyage

26. Cynthia L September 26, 2013 at 9:41 pm - Reply

I have always wanted to go on a cruise. When I was in Germany we saw a lot of cruise ships and it just made me want to jump on one and sail away.

27. Melanie September 26, 2013 at 10:10 pm - Reply

I think my parents will be taking this one some time next year! They take 2 every year and enjoy it!

28. DD September 26, 2013 at 10:13 pm - Reply

Sounds like fun

29. Tough Cookie Mommy September 26, 2013 at 10:19 pm - Reply

I’m dying to take my family on a cruise and I have been shopping around to see what different cruise lines offer. This one looks like it is family friendly and has some great packages.

30. Allie September 26, 2013 at 10:52 pm - Reply

I want to go on a cruise!

31. Jenny September 27, 2013 at 9:32 am - Reply

Looks fun but nope. Never gonna happen. *shakes head*

32. Megan Chamberlin September 27, 2013 at 4:24 pm - Reply

I did a high school outing on a cruise with our choir, decades ago , and a cruise with my husband and MIL prior to our marriage. I’d love to cruise again, but I get nervous about my three year old – not sure how to enjoy ourselves while worrying about him? I know families do cruises all the time, but I haven’t broken myself in yet as Cruise Mommy, lol.

33. Shasta Walton September 27, 2013 at 4:24 pm - Reply

This looks like a fun time!

34. Le-an Lacaba September 28, 2013 at 7:17 am - Reply

i dream to go to a cruise someday. saving up for that great day :D

35. Elle Bee September 28, 2013 at 9:19 pm - Reply

Looks like it will be a fun trip for my family. I always seem to get seasick on cruises. :(

36. Janelle October 1, 2013 at 6:36 pm - Reply

it’s been a long time since I’ve gone on a cruise, sounds fantastic!

Leave A Response