Universal Studios Orlando teased a “special announcement” aimed at fans of Harry Potter. Cryptic messages of “Who says lightning doesn’t strike twice?” began on August 12th and “Clear your schedule for post-holiday travel!” followed on the 13th via Twitter, sending fans into a frenzy of guessing.
“Who says lightning doesn’t strike twice?” was used as the tag for the expansion of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley, so theories about another expansion announcement made an appearance, but were shot down. Diagon Alley opened July 8th 2014, making an addition confirmation very unlikely.
So, Universal Studios Orlando Florida’s “special announcement” is…
“A Celebration of Harry Potter” will run from January 30 to February 1, 2015. Exclusive vacation packages will be offered starting August 21st 2014. Those lucky muggles who jump on the opportunity will get:
- An exclusive Q&A session with select Harry Potter film talent
- An evening event in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade
- Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade (one per person)
- Reserved seating for select Celebration events
- A specially themed Welcome Parcel
- Complimentary commemorative merchandise item
Packages sold out within days last year. If you are interested, it is highly recommended you act quickly.
For those who were hoping for more Harry Potter, don’t be sad. The park is growing with locations in California, due to open in 2016. Don’t rule out another expansion for Orlando’s flagship world. Nothing has been confirmed, but theories don’t rule out future additions.