4 Best Cruises for Children

4 Best Cruises for ChildrenShuffleboard, bingo, and buffets are a guaranteed staple for virtually any cruise. However, if you are trying to find an experience for the entire family, you may be searching for something a bit more kid-centric. The good news is, there are more than a few cruise lines that are rolling out the red carpet for families and kids. Here you will find some of the 4 best cruises for children.

Oasis Class from Royal Caribbean

These ships have definitely been designed with kids in mind. They host wall-to-wall attractions and activities for kids of all ages. Some of the most exciting include the ice skating rink, the powerful FlowRider surf simulation and characters from Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar.

Norwegian Breakaway

This is the largest ship to ever homeport in New York City is definitely a family ship. It has partnered with Nickelodeon providing kids with endless character fun. Other features of this cruise include Pajama Jam breakfast, the Nickelodeon Bedtime Kit and a Kid’s Aqua Park.

Disney Cruise Line

What’s better for kids than a Disney themed cruise ship, right? Disney has several cruise options, with the two newest editions being Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream. On these ships, the theme varies, but kids can enjoy playrooms themed like the Monster’s Academy from “Monster’s Inc.” and Andy’s Room, from “Toy Story.” The activities, fun, and games on these cruises definitely have kids in mind.

Millennium Class by Celebrity Cruises

This is one of the most sophisticated cruise lines sailing on the water today. They have made huge efforts to ensure families with children – young and old – are happy and comfortable. Some of the most appealing parts of the ships include the Fun Factory, XClub for ages 12 to 17 and Xbox stations. There are also scavenger hunts, movies and themed parties to fill up the day.

If you are considering taking a cruise with your kids, then one of the cruise lines here can easily accommodate you. The best part is, you don’t have to worry about your kids getting bored. There are more than a few activities planned, just for them.

1. Angelic Sinova says

I recently took my first cruise last November and I LOVED it. I would have never thought of myself as a cruise person but I truly enjoyed it. I don’t have kids but I’m in the process of booking a Disney cruise (since I’m such a huge Disney fanatic!).

2. Alli Smith says

I haven’t cruised in years. I have been thinking of taking the grandkids since they’ve never been on a cruise. These are all wonderful cruise ideas. I’m leaning towards a Disney cruise, but it’s nice to have all these options to explore.

3. Katie Kinsley says

Thank you for the list! Since I don’t have any children, I would gladly use this as a “cruises to stay away from” at the moment.

4. candy says

We never took our kids on a cruise before and now it is to late they are all grown up. Heck we haven’t even been on a cruise. Maybe someday it will fit in the budget.

5. heather says

I can’t wait to take my boys on a cruise – I love all of these suggestions. I’ve been on NCL and they really do have some great kids programs!

6. Jeanette says

Going on a Cruise is defiantly on my bucket list. We have researched so many options but never knew exactly what would be best for all the kids. Thanks for putting so much great information all together in one spot. Gives me more to think about!

7. Kristen Jauregui says

This is a great list to refer to for my family members who have young kids at home. It’s always fun to travel with them and the kids, but it’ll be better if the kids have something to enjoy too.

8. Pam says

Of course I had heard of Disney cruise lines, but wasn’t aware of these other great cruises for kids. We have actually been thinking about taking a cruise.

9. valmg @ Mom Knows It All says

I have been wanting to go on a cruise for years and years now. I would love to go with my whole family including the children.

10. ricci says

This is a great list of cruises for kids!! I will pass this along to all my mommy friends!!

11. adriana says

Disney cruises are the best! Love when there’s fun cruises for kids!

12. Rebecca Swenor says

These all sound like great cruises for children. I will have to share this with my sister Her and her husband have been thinking about a cruise with my little nephew. The Disney Cruise Line would be a great opinion for them. Thanks for sharing these awesome cruises.

13. Jamie H says

I can definitely see why a cruise would be a blast with kids! It’s also very appealing during the winter for me, to get away to some place warm!

14. Emily says

This is great, thanks for breaking down the differences. I would love to go in cruise with my kid, it seems like so much fun!

15. Agnes says

I haven’t been on a cruise yet but it always sounds like fun when I hear about it. I bet the kids would really love it.

16. Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen says

I haven’t tried cruising because I am scared of the water but I think my family would love the Disney Cruise

17. Allison says

I finally faced my fear of the open sea and went on a cruise two years ago. I loved it. I don’t have children but I still would go on the Disney Cruise with my BF and I. One day.

18. Kiwi says

Come on of course Disney Cruise made this on the list! Exciting but all of these are great options when I have kids definitely want them to cruise like me!