5 Of The Best Rides at Disney World

5 Of The Best Rides at Disney World

Disney World is famous the world over for a reason – it’s a magical place where adults and kids alike can meet Mickey Mouse, take in a live show based on their favorite Disney movie, and of course, enjoy the rides! The Orlando-based theme park offers almost 50 rides at Disney World that appeal to a wide age range, so you’re sure to find something that your little Mouseketeer will want to get on again and again!

Take a look at some of the five best rides that Disneyworld has to offer, and prepare for your little one to be dazzled!

Affiliate links included below. Thanks for your support!

1. Space Mountain

This futuristic indoor roller coaster was developed in 1975 and is based on a concept developed by Walt Disney himself. Riders are transported to a faraway galaxy as they speed along a darkened track at up to 28 mph surrounded by fluorescent lights and sound effects. Space Mountain is probably one of the more intense rides at Disney World and has a minimum height requirement of 44 inches, so it’s best for kids ages five and up.

1. Haunted Mansion

This elaborate ride opened in 1969 and is considered one of the most iconic attractions at Disney World. Riders are escorted through a rickety Victorian era mansion on motorized carts known as “Doom Buggies,” and encounter an array of spooky animatronic apparitions along the way! While many of the ghosts inside the Haunted Mansion are more silly than scary, this ride may be too intense for children under five.

1. It’s A Small World

One of the oldest attractions at Disneyworld, this water-based indoor ride features over 300 animatronic children representing different cultures from all over the world. Riders on small boats float down a river as they enjoy the ride’s famous theme song “It’s a Small World,” which promotes a theme of global peace. This ride is relaxing and appropriate for all ages, though older children will fully appreciate the ride’s subject matter of world peace and unity.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean

Another famous water based ride, this attraction features nearly 100 animatronic pirates, animals, and birds as riders on boats are guided through a swashbuckling adventure with singing, sound effects, and a search for hidden treasure. Although the interior of the ride is a bit dark, the theme is not scary and this ride should be suitable for most kids aged four and up.

1. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

An indoor ride featuring animatronic characters from the beloved Winnie the Pooh children’s books, this is a sweet, gentle attraction that toddler aged children will especially enjoy. This ride can be a bit dark at times since it takes place indoors, but your child will be too enchanted by the adventures of Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore to notice.

Disney World has a wide variety of themed rides that will dazzle your whole family, no matter their age. Don’t be surprised if you want to get on your favorite ride again and again with your child!

Have you been to Disney World?  What were your children’s favorite rides?  Let us know in the comments below!

If you enjoyed this story? Please save it to Pinterest!

5 Of The Best Rides at Disney World

1. robin Rue says

These are all great rides at the MAGIC KINGDOM, but the best rides at Disney World are at Epcot 🙂

1. oversidewaysandunder says

Can we all take a moment to appreciate how great Soarin’ is??? And the new Frozen ride. It’s just…it’s just so magical.

I love these picks. It’s a Small World has always been a family favorite of ours. We still go on it, even though the kids are more like young adults these days.

3. Jen Rattie says

My family is addicted to Space Mountain. We ride it every time we go to Disney. I’d love more rides like that!

4. Rachel Ferrucci says

I love Space Mountain!!! I also love the others but Space Mountain has sentimental memories for me. These are great choices

5. Pam Wattenbarger says

I haven’t been to Disney in ages. I really liked Space Mountain and would love to ride it again.

6. MJ. L says

I agree with all of these rides! I can’t get enough of them!

It’s a Small World is still one of my favorites! I’ve been going on it every time we visit Disney World. These are great picks!

8. Meagan says

Out of your list I really only enjoy PIrates. My favorite will always be Mickey’s philarmagic.

9. Ann Bacciaglia says

Space Mountain was a hug hit with my family. I am excited to see all the differences since I was at Disney World 15 years ago.

10. Amanda Love says

You can’t help but try to check out all of the rides but by far these are really worth the long lines. If it’s your first time going there, you should definitely check these rides out.

11. Seattle Travel Blogger says

These are very nice choices for the Magic Kingdom.
    There are no arguments with these at this location at WDW.

12. Jeanine says

All sounds so awesome. I’ve never been to Disney, not sure I ever will get there but if so this is great to know!

13. Shannon Gurnee says

The Haunted Mansion is definitely one of my favorite rides at Walt Disney World! It has a lot of similarities and some differences compared to the one at Disneyland.

14. Myrah Duque says

I cannot agree more with you! We live very close to Disney and are there all the time. Honestly the Haunted Mansion is a preferred!

15. Kiwi says

I wanna ride them all. I am going to Disney this summer for an Adult vacay so excited to ride these!

16. Our Family World says

Disneyland is really a place of dreams! I’ll take note of these rides and be with my kids in the near future.

17. Louise Bishop says

The Winnie ride is one that I always think of when Disney World rides come to mind. Haven’t bene there yet, but this is a good list to get me started.