5 Incredible Hikes in New Hampshire

5 Incredible Hikes in New Hampshire

There is no question that hiking in New Hampshire can be quite amazing. Regardless of where you choose to go, you will find amazing views. However, with extremely large mountains and wilderness that goes on and on, hiking in this state can be quite intimidating. The good news is, there are several incredible hikes in this state that you won’t want to miss out on.

Mount Monadnock, Jaffrey

5 Incredible Hikes in New HampshireThis is considered one of the most famous mountains in the entire state of New Hampshire. The loop that leads to the summit, which is called the lollipop loop, is about 4.4 miles and considered a relatively easy hike. A word of caution is that on sunny summer days the trail can become a bit crowded.

Mount Cardigan, Orange

Many people consider this a great hike experience because it can be altered to fit your unique needs. There are short loops that are about 3.1 miles, with the most popular hike leading to the summit, which is 5.5 miles. There are smooth trails on the mountain, which make it a popular destination for inexperienced hikers.

Welch and Dickey Loop, Thornton

A loop that stretches for 4.4 miles will take you to two different summits in a period of just over three hours. The views you get from the summits look over Crawford Notch, which make this the ideal hike to see all the amazing colors offered by the fall foliage.

Pitcher Mountain, Stoddard

This is a short and family friendly hike that is only about 0.7 miles long. If you have kids with you, then this is a great way to introduce them to hiking. Additionally, the blueberry bushes you find along the way are sure to entice them.

Sugarloaf Mountain, Bethlehem

If you want the most bang for your buck, then it is a good idea to plan a hike up Sugarloaf Mountain. The mountain provides you with two amazing views of the White Mountains. If you want to hide to the middle, the distance is just 2.6 miles for a round trip, if you want to hit both the Middle and North Sugarloaf peaks, then you have a hike of 3.2 miles ahead of you. These views will make you feel like you have gone quite a bit further, though.

Have you ever hiked in New Hampshire? Share your experiences with us in the comments!

1. robin rue says

We have a condo up in NH and there are literally hundreds of places to hike up there. My list would have been completely different 🙂

New Hampshire is such a glorious state. The beauty of nature is in full effect there. It’s absolutely amazing.

3. Chavonne Harvey says

I haven’t been to New Hampshire but the view of Mount Monadnock, Jaffrey is breathtaking. The kids love to hike.

4. Kelly Hutchinson says

My family loves to go hiking. I had no idea there were so many great places in New Hampshire to go hiking. This is great to know!

5. Pam says

I love hiking. All of these New Hampshire hiking trails sounds like they would be so fun, and with great scenery.

I didn’t know there were so many natural places worth exploring in New Hampshire. I’d love to do an East coast camping trip.

7. Melissa Chapman says

I would love all of those trails especially the summit trips. I have to map out how far it would be to go for a weekend.

8. Theresa says

All of these hikes sound so picturesque! I have yet to explore Ne Hampshire, but if we get up that way, I can’t wait to hike a few trails while I’m there.

9. Rachel Ferrucci says

I’ve never hiked in NH although I would love to. I think I need to get in better shape so I can make. I envy those who get to views that are amazing.

10. Brianne says

I just love hiking with my family! These look like amazing destinations!

11. My Teen Guide says

These are great suggestions for hiking spots. I will show this post to my sons. They love going hiking with their friends. If I am well enough, I might as well join them too.

12. AnnMarie John says

I love hiking especially with the kids. I think it’s a great way to keep them active and to teach them to appreciate nature more! This is awesome, I’d love to go hiking in any of these places.

13. Shannon Gurnee says

I’ve never been to New Hampshire before, but this sounds like a great place to visit. Love that there are a variety of hikes to go on.