Travel Tips: Visiting An Amusement Park With Kids
Amusement Parks are always a difficult place to visit when you have the responsibility of taking children with you. So with that in mind, here are some tips on what to do and what not to do when taking children to amusement parks.
1. The details will vary with the specific type of amusement park, be it Universal Studios, Disneyland, Legoland, etc. BUT always, always make sure to do your research beforehand – where to park, where to buy tickets, when the park closes, etc. You’ll save yourself a lot of headache that way.
2. Make sure your name, phone number and address are written somewhere on your child. Also tell your child what to do if they get lost.
3. Take frequent breaks. You’d be surprised by how tired amusement parks visits can be, especially with children. You don’t want them to keel over by the end of the day, do you?
4. Carry or buy a LOT of water. Water’s expensive to buy sometimes on site.
5. Carry snacks. Check the park’s rules – if you are allowed to pack a lunch, make one. Food at amusement parks can be very expensive not to mention not great.
6. Carry Sunscreen. You might be out in the sun all day and it is going to get hot – you don’t want your children or yourself to end up with a sunburn. Bring hats for you and the children.
7. Travel light. You’re going to be walking a lot, and you already have children to take care of – so keep all your essentials in a small bag or backpack. Of course if you happen to be using a stroller you can pack it up.
8. HAVE FUN – Your first time visiting an amusement park with your children should be a memorable enough experience to last you a life time – take advantage of it!
A few quick things to remember: Carry sunscreen, stay hydrated, be prepared to stand in lines so make sure your children understand this and don’t put up tantrums, and try to book tickets earlier for discounts.
Above all HAVE FUN!!