Christmas Treat Recipe: Marshmallow Peanut Butter Chocolate Snowman
It’s the holiday season and when we aren’t on the road to visit family or indulge on a vacation, we love to create fun treats that will wow a crowd. This Christmas treat recipe, Marshmallow Peanut Butter Chocolate Snowman pops, will be fun to do with friends and family of all ages.
You Will Need:
10 large marshmallows
10 Wilton candy sticks
12 oz. white Wilton candy melts
Mini orange M&M’s – you can find these in the baking aisle OR in the checkout lanes at major retailers
**Oreos for his hat (I was completely out of Oreos I dipped Ritz crackers in chocolate)
Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Wilton black decorating icing
Wilton plastic icing tips (located right next to the Wilton icing tubes)
2-3 short mugs or glasses (to stand the snowmen up in after decorating)
- Insert 1 candy stick into each marshmallow.
- Pour the candy melts into a glass dish and heat in the microwave in 30 second increments. Make stir to stir every 30 seconds until melted. Let it cool a few minutes before dipping the marshmallows.
- Dip each marshmallow one at a time in the white chocolate (see photo). Let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Give each marshmallow snowman a nose and stand him up in the short mug/glass to set. Repeat with all the marshmallow snowmen.
- Carefully remove each Oreo top from the cream filled bottom – you will need 10 tops.
- Once your snowmen are all set, use a plain plastic tip and the black icing. Squeeze a small amount on top of the snowman’s head and give him a hat using 1 Oreo top per snowman. Repeat with all the snowmen.
- Unwrap 10 mini Reese’s peanut butter cups. Squeeze a small dollop of black icing on the top of each peanut butter cup and turn it upside down on top of the Oreo hat rim. Repeat with all the snowmen.
- Stand them all up in the mugs/glasses and let them set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
**Makes 10 servings. 1 Snowman Marshmallow Pop = 1 serving.
*If you do not have Oreos and would like to use the chocolate covered Ritz crackers as show in the photos you will need –
10 Ritz crackers
12 oz package of Wilton dark chocolate candy melts.
Parchment lined baking sheet or plate
- Heat 6 oz of the dark chocolate melts like you did the white chocolate melts above.
- Dip each Ritz cracker one at a time using a fork to lift out and letting that excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Place in the parchment paper to set prior to putting on the snowmen.