10 Reasons To Visit The Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia #Canada150

10 Reasons To Visit The Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia #Canada150

Not sure where to go this summer? Well, why not consider the beautiful Nova Scotia area? The Cabot Trail is a must-see place that everyone should visit once. Here’s why:

1. The hikes are beautiful

10 Reasons To Visit The Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia
    Cabot Trail look-off (Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada)

Of course, one of the major reasons that people visit this place is just because the hikes are so glorious. When you’re here, you will fall head over heels in love with the coastal walks.

1. The people are seriously friendly

The rumors are true — people in Canada are genuinely some of the friendliest in the entire world. That means that you should have no problem getting along with them.

1. You will get to taste delicious lobster rolls

10 Reasons To Visit The Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia
A delicious freshly made lobster roll with lobster, lemon, celery, and mayonnaise.

If there’s one thing that you have to taste while in the area, it’s the lobster rolls. The region is known for its delectable seafood. Trust me, you just have to try it for yourself.

1. You will listen to some awesome ceilidh music

All along the trail, when you stop off, you will find people playing this upbeat, awesome Celtic music. It really helps to keep spirits high as you pass the evening in style. What’s more, it has a great beat to dance to as well.

1. There will be loads of Instagram-able moments

The scenes here are epic and don’t you forget it. As you travel along the trail, you will have to stop all of the time to take photos. You will find that there are loads of Instagram worthy places to see as well.

1. You’ll see some stunning wildlife

10 Reasons To Visit The Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia
A moose crosses the road on the cabot trail

If you’re a wildlife fan, you will love this one! If you go on the trail, you will be sure to see some wonderful animals. From eagles to bears, there’s something for everyone.

1. You can check out Meat Cove

10 Reasons To Visit The Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia
Meat Cove camp ground, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada

Along the way, you will want to stop off and check out this quaint little cove. The small fishing community here is well worth seeing and it will be an epic experience.

1. You could spot some whales

Oh, and if the wildlife on the land isn’t quite enough for you, you might want to check out the ocean. There are loads of whale watching tours you can take.

1. You can stop off at a distillery too

10 Reasons To Visit The Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia

Glenora Distillery is a must-see attraction when you’re on the trail itself. You can even do whiskey tasting sessions while you’re here, which is a real plus! Delicious.

1. It’s a trip you will never forget

The main reason that you have to visit this place is because you will never forget the trip. From the minute you see this place, it will be etched into your memory forever.

10 Reasons To Visit The Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia

1. robin rue says

Nova Scotia is actually pretty close to me, but I have never been. It’s on my bucket list, though.

I love Canada. It was never really on my radar until I saw a show on it a few months ago. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL up there! I’d love to visit Nova Scotia.

3. Bill Sweeney says

Nova Scotia looks like God’s country. I love those views. I think my family would have a great time there. I’m bookmarking this.

4. Catherine Sargent says

This looks like a wonderful place to visit and that lobster roll looks amazing. I will add this to the list of places I must visit.

5. Maureen says

You had me at wildlife, I would love to witness the wildlife at Cabot Trail Nova Scotia, looks like such a great experience overall. Glad you shared some reasons why I need to head this way sometime in my future! What a beautiful place.

I hadn’t heard of Ceilidh music but I’d love to experience it! These are such great reasons to plan an adventurous Nova Scotia trip.

7. Pam says

I have actually wanted to visit Nova Scotia for a while. I had a teacher from there when I was young.

8. Jocelyn at Hip Mama's Place says

That’s really lovely! I’ve never been to Novia Scotia before and it’s so breathtaking! It’s definitely where you want to go if you want some peace and quiet! I don’t think I need all these reasons after seeing the pictures but it’s so nice to know what to expect when you go there.

9. kristin says

I have always wanted to visit here! I love that there’s so much to do in one destination!!

10. My Teen Guide says

The Cabot trail looks really pretty and is definitely a hiker’s paradise! The lobster roll is to die for. OMG. That looks so good!

11. Kelly Hutchinson says

Oh boy! You had me at lobster roll! And the scenery is just breath taking!

12. kelly reci says

i love it! i love the place and foods also!

13. chei says

Oh wow. The place is so cool. I love to see Canada in the future. Friends say it’s a lovely place. Lots of spots to see.

14. Crystal says

Now that the kids are a little older, our travels are less about entertaining them and more about experiencing things with them. Nova Scotia sounds absolutely perfect. It’s so gorgeous!

15. Shannon Gurnee says

I’ve only been to Canada once, but have never been to Nova Scotia. It looks like a beautiful place to visit.