10 Wizardly World of Harry Potter Hacks
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is truly a park full of wonders. From magic wands to the authentic Leaky Cauldron menu the park is the full Harry Potter experience down to the very last detail. Young children to teenagers to adults are sure to enjoy the shops, shows, and characters. Don’t forget though, this is a very popular park which entails long lines and the busy season. Follow these 10 tips to make the most out of your time in this magical place.
Hacks For The Wizarding World
- As you probably already know, the park is bustling with visitors from the moment the park opens. One helpful tip is to arrive early. Not only will you be near the front of the line when the doors open, but it’s also a long trek from the parking lot to the actual park. Plan ahead and don’t get trapped in the mid-morning rush of eager young wizards.
- Although the park is pretty authentic all on its own, you can add another layer with this hack. You can exchange your Muggle money for Gringotts bank notes. These notes can be used in the Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade shops as real money, which the kids are sure to appreciate.
- Don’t spend the whole day lugging around your heavy purchases. An armload of bags will only slow you down. There’s a convenient way to keep your purchases safe but out of the way. Send your purchases to the front of the park entrance where they’ll be waiting when you’re ready to leave. Skip the lugging and pick it up on your way out instead.
- The wand experience is a unique one. Although a stop at the wand shop will cost you a little extra, it is an authentic and satisfying part of the park. Once you find a wand that’s just for you, the park is full of interactive spells that you can cast throughout the park. Keep an eye out for medallions placed in the pavement. It’s at these special locations where guests can cast spells.
- Before you board the beloved Hogwarts Express you should do some research. Depending on the direction that you travel, the train has different events. The ride from Hogsmeade to London is more cheerful, but on the way back you are sure to encounter some dementors.
- Different short performances take place throughout the day in the park. You can catch a glimpse of the ghostly “Tale of the Three Brothers” or a “The Fountain of Fair Fortune”. Stick around in each park long enough to see these short, engaging shows.
- Diagon Alley is specifically designed to have cooler temperatures and it can be a relief from a hot day. Visit Hogsmeade first and take the Hogwarts Express to Diagon Alley later in the day when the sun gets hotter.
- Save a little extra change and get some private access. Staying at one of Universal’s on-site hotels gives you early access to the park an hour earlier than it opens. No long lines and waiting for you.
- Plan lunch and visit the Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks. Both restaurants are so unique I couldn’t tell you to just visit one. Grab lunch at the Leaky Cauldron and grab a snack at The Three Broomsticks, that way you’ll get to see the amazing detail put into both restaurants.
- Notice the details! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is all encompassing when it comes to an authentic experience. The designers of the park left nothing out, right down to the very last detail. You’ll leave the park feeling as if you were apart of the Harry Potter world. Appreciate the smallest details that make this experience truly one of a kind.
Have you been to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter? Do you have any hacks?