7 Essential Toys To Take On Plane to Occupy Children on Long Flights
Jetting off to some tropical land with your family this summer? Heading on a family vacation can be one of the most relaxing ways to spend a few days. However, there’s just one teeny-tiny problem. If you have small children, you may find that they fidget and mess around on the plane! Eek! Luckily, there’s one thing you can do about that — pack loads of toys. When we took Ava on her first Disney Cruise we bought her a backpack and packed it with toys to keep her occupied. Here are some toys you must not forget.
- Coloring book – While it may be a fad for adults these days, you must never forget just how much kids seem to love coloring books. Get a few different ones so that your little ones have a choice. Make sure that you grab some pencil crayons for them too (pens can get everywhere!). Your kids will be happy coloring away for hours.
- Playdoh – Of course, the last thing you want is to take a whole load of Playdoh on a flight with you. Nothing could be more inconvenient. However, you can actually get small pots of the stuff for traveling. Genius. Your kids will adore having the chance to ‘make something’ as you go on your trip.
- Finger puppets – For really young kids, you cannot go wrong with finger puppets. These little things are as entertaining as they are fun. Yes, you will likely have to put on shows for your kids, but look at the bright side — this is a great excuse to bond with them. You should be able to get little puppets from most toy stores.
- Travel games – When you’re at the airport, head to their travel store. You should find that there is a place where you can pick up some magnet travel board games. From Four in a Row to Checkers, there’s sure to be something that your kids will love. You will be able to keep the game for years to come.
- Gel window stickers – You can get gel window sticks for the flight that your kids will like to play with. They can use them to create interesting pictures on the window of the plane. Make sure that you opt for a pack with loads of different colors and shapes!
- Uno – Honestly, there are few kids out there who don’t enjoy a good old-fashioned game of Uno. The great thing about this exciting card game is the fact that it’s ideal for travel! You can play it anytime, anywhere! This game will make a genius distraction for the whole family!
- Tablets – Finally, there’s the old fail safe — tablets. You can load these things up with a whole load of games and apps to entertain your children! They will love nothing more than having their own gadget to enjoy on the journey.
Do you have toys that you pack to keep your little ones occupied during travel? Please, share them with us in the comments!