4 Affordable Fall Getaways – Cheap Travel Options Outside of America

4 Affordable Fall Getaways – Cheap Travel Options Outside of America

If you are looking to escape the summer with an autumn adventure, these 4 affordable fall getaways will give an escape. These cheap travel options will get you outside of America on budget. Plus, you’ll definitely cross some locations off your bucket list!

Related: Fall and Winter Travel – Tips and Dates to Travel on the Cheap

Scotland

Head to Edinburgh, Scotland thanks to the insanely cheap airfares currently being advertised by WOW Air. The line is offering $69 one-way fares to many European cities and this trans-Atlantic location is one of them. If you’re worried about lodging abroad, tourists and travelers still have a favorable exchange rate in the United Kingdom post-Brexit. Time your affordable fall getaway to Scotland just before November to avoid the cold weather.

India

Indulge in the fall festivals in India during the sublime weather period. The crowds will be thinner and you’ll enjoy less risk post-monsoon season. Keep in mind that flooding may still be an issue, but a simple check of local reports before you book should help ensure a smooth trip. Adventurers can enjoy Diwali, the Hindu Festival of Lights or the Pushkar Camel Fair in Rajasthan on a budget during the fall season.

Peru

Step out on trails and hike the Inca Trail during the more affordable autumn travel season in Cusco, Peru. The rainy season starts in late November, so book in October to early November. IF you book in October, you’ll enjoy Cusco’s Tourist Week. Expect more crowds, but the city will be alive with special events. Plus, you can take your love for Halloween-esque events to the area to celebrate All Saints’ Day and Dia de los Muertos.

Related: Hot Fall Adventures: Off-Season Destinations for Families or Solo Travelers

Canada

Canada is a favorite location to explore year-round, but there are some big savings to in fall. It’s whale watching season and there will be plenty of festivals. You’ll be able to enjoy 4-star properties for around $100 a night in New Brunswick, but make sure you travel earlier in the autumn if you’re sensitive to the chillier temps. Harvest Jazz, the Blues Festival, and a Food and Wine Festival located in ST. Andrews are a few can’t-miss options.

Do you have a must-visit affordable fall destination? Share your trip ideas and money-saving tips in the comment section below.

Share your thoughts in the Comments section below, on our Facebook Page, Follow Our Twitter Account or Head Over To Our Pinterest Page!

1. Mary Ann says

Thanks for the great tips! When I went to London last year, I really wanted to go to Scotland, too. But I was having so much fun that l ended up not going. I definitely want to make a trip back. Great airfares! Have you ever flown on WOW airlines? If so, what was that like?

2. robin rue says

My stepson was just in India over the summer. He really enjoyed it there. Awesome ideas.

I LOVE this! We love to travel, and we especially love the sense of adventure with international travel. Unfortunately, it can get expensive. I’m bookmarking this!

4. Mitch says

You had me at $100 for a 4 star place in Canada! We went to Montreal and learned that we loved the country! Thanks for this info, my bag is always packed and I am ready to go!

5. Melissa Chapman says

That price to Europe is amazing, to good to be true. I wasn’t thinking of a trip but if the price is right. Would love to go more local like Canada.

6. Theresa says

We did Canada last year and it was one of the least expensive trips we’ve been on, but we had a grand time! I’d definitely love to hit up Scotland next!

7. Shell says

What great deals. I’d love to go to Scotland.

I’ve been thinking about starting with some smaller trips outside the country. This is really helpful advice as I haven’t traveled outside of the U.S. in a few years! Going to Peru would be pretty amazing.

9. AnnMarie John says

We don’t usually go out of the country during Fall because we think it’s more expensive to travel! I think these are awesome and worth going to though! Thanks for the list!

10. Carol Cassara says

I have never been to India or Peru and it would be such a nice opportunity to see it this Fall! I had no idea it would be more affordable to go there during this season! So cool!

11. Angela Milnes says

Now I’ve never thought about going to Peru before! Great travel idea! Sounds like I’m updating my travel list. 😉

12. Wendy Polisi says

A trip to Scotland would be amazing. My ancestors are from Scotland.

13. Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place says

I would love to travel to these places and just enjoy what they have to offer. I’ve never been to India and I’ve always been curious! Canada would be a nice place to explore as well, and it’s not too far off.

14. Pam says

These all sound like really fun trip destinations. I would love to visit Peru one day. And Scotland too.

15. brianne says

I’m dying to check out Scotland! I didn’t realize these places were so affordable!

16. Kelly Hutchinson says

I had no idea it would be affordable to visit India or Peru. I would love to visit either one!

17. Toni | Boulder Locavore says

Canada is nearest to me, but i didn’t know that there’s whale watching there during Fall season. Included in my bucket list now.

18. Kristin says

Oh I love these spots. Great list!

19. Cinny says

$69 one way fares to Scotland?! Wow, that is a serious deal, if only I could, I definitely would fly to Scotland.

20. travel blogger says

So many great ideas that really are affordable! I would love to go to Peru and hike the Inca trails. That would be such an amazing trip!

21. Tess says

I love cheap vacations. I will be adding these to my list!

22. Kiwi says

I was almost thinking about India but they are experience a flooding probably from Harvey. I would like to visit Canada before it gets too cold.

23. Crystal says

My elementary school schedule was year round growing up, which meant that we had two weeks off in October. It was the time we’d take all of our family trips growing up. I’d love to take my own kids for a getaway this fall.

24. Shannon Gurnee says

I’ve been to Canada before, but never to India or Peru. Those sound like some interesting trips to make.