Hotel Safety – 5 Tips to Prevent Theft and Protect Your Valuables
Safety is one our top priorities, especially when traveling. Being alert and exercising caution while enjoying yourself can make you feel unbalanced, so pin this post to have a worry-free experience with these hotel safety tips to prevent theft and protect your valuables.
These tips should help you prevent hotel room theft:
- It’s obvious, but use the room safe as the best deterrent. If you don’t have access to a safe, try locking your pricey items, such as laptops and jewelry, in your suitcase. Don’t forget to stow other pricey items like bottles of wine or clothing.
- If you are uncomfortable with the room safe or your own locks, ask the front desk to store your valuables and write down exactly what they are storing and take the name of the person who accepted your items.
- Leave the GPS on your mobile devices and computers on. If it is stolen, you might be able to trace its location.
- Don’t leave items where cleaning needs to be done. If you leave your laptop on the bed, it will be moved so staff can make the bed. Out of sight, out of mind is a great cliche to consider in protecting your valuables.
- Staff should always clean rooms with the door open. It’s a red flag if you see staff entering the room and closing the door.
Don’t let worry overload your mood. Travel insurance is always a great option if you want extra protection. Make sure you shop prices with reputable companies to get exactly what you need. Different policies might have some exclusions. Using a travel agent to help you is always a great option if you’re concerned. It’s always wise to prepare for the worst but hope for the best. Travel, whether you’re on vacation or on the road for business, shouldn’t be a burden.